Sunday, April 12, 2015

Worship -- What an Experience!

Today's sermon is based on John 4:19-24. The story is about the woman at the well. 

Question for the Week: What part of my life do I want to put back on the altar so that I can worship God with my life all week?

This sermon is about what it means to experience church. 

We don't just worship in church. It's not tied to a specific place, time, or people.  Its natural to worship -- it's in our DNA. Worship is to give honor, attention, significance, and value to something. Everyone worships but not everyone worships God.

We worship celebrities. We worship things. We worship routines and schedules. We worship work. We give meaningless things far too much meaning in our lives. 

The woman at the well had one question, "Where do I worship?" We asked that question today. I asked that question this morning. The question underneath this question is, "Where do I go to find God?"

We find God within - in spirit and in truth - God is in us - we are the Temple. 

We take God into the church when God is within us. We worship God everywhere. We don't meet God in church - we take God to church. 






No comments:

Post a Comment