Thursday, March 27, 2014

Notes from a Friend

This morning, during my meditation and prayer, I struggled over the idea of letting God have control and what exactly that means. I rather stumbled over that prayer and finally lapsed into silence (which might have been the point all along). Then, I woke up to this Facebook post by my best friend:

In the continuing cycle of Deronda re-discovering Obvious Truths, lol--whenever I "stress out" about all the stuff that "needs to be done," I'm working in my own puny strength, and am doomed to fail, simply because my personal capacity/ability is so limited. Infinitely better is to leave all results in God's hands, and in the meantime, just do my best! I know that's the way to go, because that's how God got me through college. If it worked then, it'll work now. (I used to say to God, "Lord, I'm doing my best--you'll have to make up the difference!")

Amen!

In another post, recapping "Our Daily Bread" - she shared this quote: 

 Our tendency to wander is matched by God’s willingness to pursue.

 That truth is one this wandering fool takes great comfort in - the idea not that God is always there if you return, but that God has actually left the church and is in pursuit of you, whatever dark marshes and high mountains you may wander through.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. So well put: "That truth is one this wandering fool takes great comfort in - the idea not that God is always there if you return, but that God has actually left the church and is in pursuit of you, whatever dark marshes and high mountains you may wander through."

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete